To build a partnership between the library and the community to advocate for quality library service for patrons of the Alpharetta Branch of the Atlanta-Fulton County Library System and to enhance literary needs for all citizens.
Friends of the Alpharetta Library Accomplishments for
Volunteer Efforts and Charitable Donations by FOTAL
- At Alpharetta Library
- Librarians' requests for Children, Teen and Adult books donated by Patrons to backfill popular, worn and/or often requested books.
- Paid for Children, Teen, and Adult programs for for a total of
- Atlanta Fulton Library System Foundation yearly donation
- Book Sales are held on the veranda at the Alpharetta Library on the first Saturday of each month (except January and July) from 10AM to 4PM. Monthly sales have been held for approximately 30 years.
- Donated book are sold online through Amazon raising more funds for our projects.
- Membership in Friends of the Library organization bring in additional money for projects.
- Each year the City of Alpharetta gives FOTAL a generous donation to help us fund our mission.
- From 2012 thru 2017 FOTAL was one of the highest number of volunteer hours of all Fulton County Libraries.
- 34 FOTAL volunteers donated 5489 hours.
- FOTAL is recognized yearly for their outstanding number of hours dedicated to the Alpharetta Library.
Library Value Calculator
You already know and appreciate that the Alpharetta library provides cultural and educational services to the community. But perhaps you are curious about the monetary value. Use the below calculator to estimate what would be the cost of these free services if you were required to pay for classes, programs, computer time and various materials the Alpharetta library makes available for the public.
The values in the calculator were determined by the estimated cost of obtaining each of the items without the use of the library.
- Hardcover Books
- Purchase cost of a new hardcover book
- Softcover Books
- Purchase cost of a new softcover book
- Rental cost of a DVD
- Music CD
- Purchase cost of a music CD
- Purchase cost of an CD audiobook
- Ebook Download
- Purchase cost of an ebook
- Audiobook Download
- Purchase cost of an audiobook
- Computer Use
- Cost of hourly computer usage at a business center
- Cost of outside classes
- Event Pass
- Cost of two adult ($11.95) and one child ($7.95) admission tickets to a museum
- Purchase cost of a magazine or 1 week of a newspaper subscription
The Library Value Calculator was developed by Luke T. Charde for the Troy Public Library site, then distributed under the Creative Commons License for use by others. Read more about it here.